Wednesday 12 December 2012

On the 3rd day of fitness my trainer said to me...20 mins of exercise, that is all!

On the third day of fitness my trainer said to me....20 minutes of exercise a day - that's all!

The dreaded exercise post - some love it, others loathe it. I'm an early bird so absolutely love getting up in the morning and running first thing but that's not to say that sometimes it's a struggle to get out of a warm bed when it's freezing outside! This morning I managed it and went for an early morning run and watched the sun rise - it was stunning!

There are many a 'plausible' excuse for not exercising, many of which rear their ugly head at Christmas. 'I'm too tired, I've got a hangover, I'll do it tomorrow, I've eaten too much chocolate, It's Christmas!, if you're going to do it wrong do it right!' I have used these many a time!! What I do know however, is when I get up early and blast through a jog along the seafront, I feel so much better and I'm more likely to make healthier choices throughout the day. The likelihood of me doing exercise at the end of a busy day is slim so this suits me down to the ground.

For others of you, the thought of getting up early and running anywhere fills you with dread and makes you feel nauseous so you need to stick in your diary a time every other day when you will take 20 mins to blast through some exercises in the comfort of your own home. I've put a couple of workouts below for you to go through, don't worry these will require no equipment, just you and some space (and a glass of water!)

- Repeat each exercise 10-12 times and try and do the whole circuit three times through.

Workout 1:

  • Star Jumps
  • Crunches
  • Tricep Dips - (this will require a chair)
  • Lunges
  • Push ups
  • 30 Second Plank
  • Squats
Workout 2: (slightly more advanced)
  • 45 star jumps
  • 15 squats
  • 1 min plank
  • 10 standing calf raises
  • 10 push ups
  • 20 lunges each leg
  • 40 crunches
Have a go or do one of those workout DVD's that are on your shelf - but do something which gets your heart pumping and off the sofa over the Christmas period - even if you start with a brisk walk after a big meal. Have a go! See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment